ATO Community

Re: Unable to verify identity

I'm new

Views 274

Replies 1

I’m currently trying to submit a DASP through the ATO, I meet all the criteria and have filled everything out online. I thought I had actually submitted the application but now when I try to log in I get a red error message saying that they are unable to verify my identity.
I’m not sure what has gone wrong here and wondered if someone could please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Naomiamelia

If the system states that is not able to verify your identity after you insert your personal informations (TFN, name and passport details). You may want to double check that you are entering your details correctly. Also, you don't have to include your TFN. While providing your TFN can make it quicker and easier to process your DASP claim, it can sometimes cause issues with verifying your identity.

If you continue to have issues, it may be due to the passport information that the Department of Home Affairs has for you. While we provide the DASP online application system, Home Affairs verifies your passport details.

If you require any help with the DASP online application system, have a look at our website. The page contains links to Home Affairs' website and contact details. You can also find our contact details there is you continue to have issues.

Hope this helps!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Naomiamelia

If the system states that is not able to verify your identity after you insert your personal informations (TFN, name and passport details). You may want to double check that you are entering your details correctly. Also, you don't have to include your TFN. While providing your TFN can make it quicker and easier to process your DASP claim, it can sometimes cause issues with verifying your identity.

If you continue to have issues, it may be due to the passport information that the Department of Home Affairs has for you. While we provide the DASP online application system, Home Affairs verifies your passport details.

If you require any help with the DASP online application system, have a look at our website. The page contains links to Home Affairs' website and contact details. You can also find our contact details there is you continue to have issues.

Hope this helps!