Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

Re: claiming super fund error

Highlighted

Views 3649

Replies 10

i have started the process of claiming my super fund but when sending the form i recieve the message

any light shed on this would be appreciated

regards

Application Error

A fatal system error has occurred. Details of this error have been forwarded to the ATO system administrators and will be investigated as soon as possible. We apologise for any inconvenience. Please try again later.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Megastar

Replies 0

Hi @statix102

Thanks for clarifying.

If you are recieving a 'fatal error message' when completing your online DASP, this can occur for a variety of reasons. It is best to clear your computer cache and try again later, and maybe even try using a different computer and/or internet connection.

Our administrators investigate the system errors that occur, and use the information to improve the online application system, however if the problem persists for you, the only way to proceed with your application is to use the paper application for a departing Australia superannuation payment form (NAT 7204). If you complete this form be sure to follow the instructions carefully, and send the form and supporting documents directly to your super fund.

If your super balance happens to be held by us, refer here.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael.

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 9

Hi @statix102,

Thanks for your question! When you mentioned that you are claiming your super, are you submitting an online departing Australia superannuation payment form?

Thanks, @AmandaE

Highlighted

Replies 1

hi

im using the online form 

Apply for departing Australia superannuation payment

its at the stage where i fill my contact details

then it has the error message

regards

philip

Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Megastar

Replies 0

Hi @statix102

Thanks for clarifying.

If you are recieving a 'fatal error message' when completing your online DASP, this can occur for a variety of reasons. It is best to clear your computer cache and try again later, and maybe even try using a different computer and/or internet connection.

Our administrators investigate the system errors that occur, and use the information to improve the online application system, however if the problem persists for you, the only way to proceed with your application is to use the paper application for a departing Australia superannuation payment form (NAT 7204). If you complete this form be sure to follow the instructions carefully, and send the form and supporting documents directly to your super fund.

If your super balance happens to be held by us, refer here.

Thanks for your patience.

Michael.

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 6

Hi there

I am having a similar problem

I started my application a few weeks ago, and now I have gone to edit and complete it and it will not let me login. The folling message appears:

• We were unable to verify your identity, try again.
    If you believe your details are correct and we are still unable to verify your identity, refer to help or phone us on 13 10 20."

I am not in the country so i cannot phone this number

PLease can you advise?

Thanks

Vicky

Highlighted

Replies 0

good morning, 

i continued to get an error even when i tryed on 3 sepperate computers,i would suggest printing of the form in rthe prior post and sending it via post.

regards

philip

Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 4

Hi @vickymills92,

Thanks for posting! We're sorry to hear you're having trouble editing your application.

There are a couple of things that could be happening:

• We could be having trouble matching your details with the Department of Home Affairs
  • The password and secret questions answers you're entering may not match our records

Given that you were able to log in and begin your application, you should be able to sign back in and complete it. We'd suggest waiting a day or two, then clear your computer cache and browser history and try again.

If you're still having trouble, you can try @statix102's suggestion and send your fund a paper application.

Let us know how you get on!

Highlighted

Replies 3

good morning

i have finaly got around to writing out the paperwork related to claiming back my super

however it is asking for a superanuation fund name and business number , however the ato letter i

recieved notifing me of my superfunds says they are holding it in  "superanuation holding account"

the only information i have is my tfn , and the ref number on the letter i recieved 

the form also asks for documentantion to prove i had a visa to work in australia however this was all tied to my pasport(working holiday visa)

is a copy of my passport sufficent

kind reagrds

philip

Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @statix102,

Thanks for reaching out again.

To assist you further we'd need to know some more information about your situation:

1. What type of visa were you here on?
  2. Has your visa been cancelled by the Department of Home Affairs (formerly Department of Immigration and Border Protection) ?
  3. You mentioned that you didn't have a visa when you came to Australia, can you please confirm which country you entered from?

All of these factors are taken into consideration when establishing your eligibility for claiming a DASP.

Thanks.

Highlighted

Replies 1

good morning,

i had a working holiday visa (under 30s)and was told it would begin upon entry to australia and last one year,

and i would not need to cancel it when leaving, i would only need to speak to immigration if i wished to extend my stay

i hold a british passport(uk)