ATO Community

super withdrawal 485 visa

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 38

Replies 1

Hi

Just wondering how much % will be taxed if I'm holding 485 visa? I've read some articles and found that temporary resident will be taxed 38% so I'd like to confirm if I'm not wrong Smiley Very Happy I was on a student visa for 3 years then 2 years on 485.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @KantaweeM

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you visited Australia as a temporary visitor and accumulated superannuation while you were here, you may be eligible to claim your super as a Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP). 

The DASP tax rate will be determined by your super fund individually, as each super fund is making a separate payment. If you have held a working holiday maker (WHM) visa, your super fund will check whether the DASP includes amounts attributable to super contributions made while you held a WHM visa. If it does, the super fund will apply the DASP WHM tax rate. If it doesn’t, the super fund will apply the DASP ordinary tax rates. You can find the different DASP tax rates on our website. 

Thanks, JodieH. 

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @KantaweeM

Thanks for getting in touch!

If you visited Australia as a temporary visitor and accumulated superannuation while you were here, you may be eligible to claim your super as a Departing Australia Superannuation Payment (DASP). 

The DASP tax rate will be determined by your super fund individually, as each super fund is making a separate payment. If you have held a working holiday maker (WHM) visa, your super fund will check whether the DASP includes amounts attributable to super contributions made while you held a WHM visa. If it does, the super fund will apply the DASP WHM tax rate. If it doesn’t, the super fund will apply the DASP ordinary tax rates. You can find the different DASP tax rates on our website. 

Thanks, JodieH. 

Top Solution Authors