Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Re: Clearing house moving to ATO portal

Highlighted

Views 1947

Replies 6

I do data entry for several businesses and prepare their BAS and super payments for them but unsure which is the best option once the SBSCH is no longer available.

• Do I get an Aus key for each business and can the accountant still access?
  • Is the Aus key linked to a single computer or can it be accessed from any computer as work at several sites?

or Manage ABN through mygov account.

• My only connect to the business is as an employee
  • if I leave the business is it easy for the new person to get access.

or can you have both as some of my work is done from home and some on the businesses computers.

Thanks in advancee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

I'm new

Replies 4

Hi By Tinney43,

I assume you have explored the following webpage/link but I have provided it just in case for your convenience.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Super-for-employers/In-detail/Small-Business-Superannuation-Clearing...

I would strongly encourage you to contact the SBSCH helpdesk on 1300-660-048. They should be able to either assist or direct you to someone who can.

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Best answer

I'm new

Replies 4

Hi By Tinney43,

I assume you have explored the following webpage/link but I have provided it just in case for your convenience.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Business/Super-for-employers/In-detail/Small-Business-Superannuation-Clearing...

I would strongly encourage you to contact the SBSCH helpdesk on 1300-660-048. They should be able to either assist or direct you to someone who can.

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 3

Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 2

If it any help I use my auskey at several different work sites.

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 1

To the poster who says the use their AusKey at  multiple sites, could you please explain how? Did you install the same AusKey on multiple computers? I thought this wasn't possible, but I would love to be wrong as it would make life easier.

Highlighted

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Yes it's possible.

You use the same Auskey.

I just upload it to the external server and then download and install it at each office.

I do it when I work at multiple offices.

PS

Didn't realise it was me who responded originally....Smiley Happy

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 0

I have had the same dilemma. I have found the AusKey to be the best way to proceed.

I assume that you are not a BAS agent. If you are not, then the director of the business registeres for an administrator AusKey, and then they can approve your application for a second AusKey linked to their business.

You need a separate AusKey for each business. As far as I can tell so far, the AusKey can only be used on one computer. This presents a problem if you sometimes work on a client's computer and sometimes on your own. You will need to pick one that has the AusKey for that business and is used for all lodgements for that business. I have set up a server that has my AusKey's on it, so that I can use remote desktop to log into the server whereever I am, and be able to lodge. This won't be an option for most people as servers are expensive. I would consider installing the director's AusKey on the computer at the worksite, and your AusKey on the computer at your home. However that would require coordinating with the director every time you want to make a lodgments at the worksite.

I believe the accountant, as a tax agent, will be able to use their own AusKey to access their client's information.

When you leave the business, the director will still have access to everything via their own AusKey, and they can cancel your AusKey and issue a new one to the new bookkeeper.