Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Job keeper

Views 309

Replies 1

Hi,
I’m currently receiving JobKeeper payments from my employer and due to be receiving my maternity leave payments from the 24th of August as part of the paid parental leave payments.
The last few weeks work have let me take this time to relax and enjoy time off before bubs comes and I was beginning to become useless and uncomfortable at work. ( I worked at a fast paced cafe)
My employer has now stopped paying me my job keeper payments. Meaning the next month while I wait for my PPL payments I’m not earning any income.
Can my employer stop paying me the payments as to my knowledge She would still be receiving the payments.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ebdow

You should still be receiving the JobKeeper payments up until you go on paid maternity leave. If you are currently taking paid or unpaid leave you should still be receiving the payments.  For more information on how leave and the JobKeeper scheme work visit Fair Work Australia.

All the best! and congratulations on the new baby!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @ebdow

You should still be receiving the JobKeeper payments up until you go on paid maternity leave. If you are currently taking paid or unpaid leave you should still be receiving the payments.  For more information on how leave and the JobKeeper scheme work visit Fair Work Australia.

All the best! and congratulations on the new baby!