Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

FHSS used on a different name (under wife's name)

Initiate

Views 106

Replies 2

Hi,

My wife and I, are both eligible for first home owner such as FHSS and FHOG, so we got the FHSS determination and the release amounts and are actively looking for a first home.

Now, we haven't signed anything yet. Due to new in Australia (PR), I don't have a credit report as everything is applied under her name. And because I don't have a credit report, we planned to have the loan, property and contract under her name as well. (Don't need advice on the loan part...)

My question is, can I use my FHSS released amounts for a contract that is not on my name? Obviously she could use her FHSS amounts but how about on a different name.

Regards,

Val

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @valcaro,

Although eligibility for the FHSS is assessed on an individual basis, when someone purchases a property with another person then their name must appear on the property title (ie all individuals must be included on the title if they're contributing their own FHSS).

I've located two threads on the forum that discuss names /property titles under 'FHSS Scheme' and 'FHSS home purchase entity' which both state the above information.

I hope this clarifies things for your situation.

RachATO

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @valcaro,

Although eligibility for the FHSS is assessed on an individual basis, when someone purchases a property with another person then their name must appear on the property title (ie all individuals must be included on the title if they're contributing their own FHSS).

I've located two threads on the forum that discuss names /property titles under 'FHSS Scheme' and 'FHSS home purchase entity' which both state the above information.

I hope this clarifies things for your situation.

RachATO

Initiate

Replies 0

Thanks @RachATO for clarifying.