Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

Requesting Determination after Signing Contract

Views 303

Replies 3

Hi Team,

I have been saving for my first home using the FHSS Scheme since last year. I found a suitable off-the-plan property and signed the contract on the 15th of January. My property settles in Q3 2021 so I was hoping to make further savings throughout the year prior to release of the FHSS funds.

I didn't know that we had to request the determination prior to the contract signing and stumbled on this detail today. Will I be able to request a release of my super funds? I have made a large amount of contributions to my super in the past year.

Kind Regards,

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Seacrow,

If a client is purchasing a property 'off the plan', their eligibility for FHSS will vary depending on the terms of the contract and the state where the property is located.

To confirm their eligibility for FHSS, they will need to provide a copy of their contract and the state the property is located in. For a decision based on their circumstances, the client will need to write in to:

Australian Taxation Office

PO Box 3100

PENRITH  NSW  2740

The client will receive a response in 28 calendar days.

All the best.

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Seacrow,

If a client is purchasing a property 'off the plan', their eligibility for FHSS will vary depending on the terms of the contract and the state where the property is located.

To confirm their eligibility for FHSS, they will need to provide a copy of their contract and the state the property is located in. For a decision based on their circumstances, the client will need to write in to:

Australian Taxation Office

PO Box 3100

PENRITH  NSW  2740

The client will receive a response in 28 calendar days.

All the best.

Replies 1

Hi @Jodie_ATO,

Thank you for the swift reply, I really appreciate the effort.

Before I send out the physical documents to the aformentioned address, could you let me know if there is an email option available? I have a digital copy of the contract, and it would be quicker and simpler if I sent that through by email.

Kind Regards,

Ben

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Seacrow,

Thank you for your response.If you want to send your information via email you may send it to superadvice@.ato.gov.au 

All the best.