ATO Community

Selecting dates for FHSS determination

I'm new

Views 187

Replies 1

Hi,

I have recently started salary sacrificing pay for the FHSS.

I am looking at purchasing a property shortly and would like to complete an FHSS determination.

My issue is that my payroll pays my super contributions into my nominated superannuation account every 3 months (as required by law). This means that amounts I have deposited in January and February 2021 will not be in my nominated super account until the end of March 2021.

Do I need to wait until the amounts are deposited into my superannuation account before I can request a determination, or am I able to use my payslips as the date I enter into the determination (e.g. if my salary was paid on 15th January can I use this date when submitting the determination)? 

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Josh2,

The amounts you nominate would need to be in your super fund. We check these amounts before we confirm the determination. You can send through more then one determination if you make a mistake. However, once you apply for release of your super under FHSS, you cannot change the amount thereafter.

You can use the links below for further assistance.

Links -

FHSS - Important things to know

Apply to release your savings.

All the best.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Josh2,

The amounts you nominate would need to be in your super fund. We check these amounts before we confirm the determination. You can send through more then one determination if you make a mistake. However, once you apply for release of your super under FHSS, you cannot change the amount thereafter.

You can use the links below for further assistance.

Links -

FHSS - Important things to know

Apply to release your savings.

All the best.