Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Tax pre-fill and offset

I'm new

Views 93

Replies 1

Hi there,

My partner and I contributed and withdrew our FHSSS amounts during the 2020/21 financial year. I see that the withdrawal and deduction has been pre-filled into my e-tax, but I can't see the offset pre-filled.

Will this automatically get pre-filled when I calculate my tax estimate, or is it something that I need to add manually?

Kind regards,

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi Jasona91,

Welcome to ATO Community!

Well spotted. Similar to an earlier post by @NicATO, you won't need to include the 30% offset in your tax return. The ATO automatically applies it for you when your return gets processed.

The tax estimate you receive in myTax, while not final, is likely to have already factored in the 30% tax offset for you. 

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Champion

Replies 0

Hi Jasona91,

Welcome to ATO Community!

Well spotted. Similar to an earlier post by @NicATO, you won't need to include the 30% offset in your tax return. The ATO automatically applies it for you when your return gets processed.

The tax estimate you receive in myTax, while not final, is likely to have already factored in the 30% tax offset for you. 

This is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time.