• 213 Online
  • 23143 Members
  • 26890 Posts

ATO Community

Voluntary super contributions - discrepancy when checking online balance through sunsuper

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 436

Replies 1

Hi,

I made voluntary (before tax) contributions to my super fund, the last transaction supposedly pushed me over the contribution cap for the 2017-2018 financial year (IF it was counted in the 2017-2018 financial year). 

On further investigation when I researched and checked what contributions would be counted towards the 2017-2018 financial year, there was a special mention that the funds needed to reach my fund's account BEFORE the end of financial year cut-off (30-Jun), so I guess this makes the cut-off the 29-Jun, being a Friday. 

When I last checked my super details and account transactions online, my last contribution displayed as being received by my super account on the 2-Jul-2018. When I checked again today, this latest contribution is now displayed as being received by my super account on the 29-Jun-2018. How is this possible to change? Can I dispute this with my super fund? I want this contribution to count towards my 2018-2019 financial year voluntary contributions, not last year's otherwise I am over the cap amount.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Anonymous

Replies 0

Yes, you can take this up with your super fund as the matter is purely between yourselves.

The ATO does not comment on what third parties have done as they do not get involved in third party matters.

ATO general super line 13 28 61

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

Anonymous

Replies 0

Yes, you can take this up with your super fund as the matter is purely between yourselves.

The ATO does not comment on what third parties have done as they do not get involved in third party matters.

ATO general super line 13 28 61

Top Solution Authors