ATO Community

Allowance on prefilling - no breakdown provided

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 1655

Replies 6

The payment summary information on the prefilling report doesn't provide details of the allowances. Given that these allowances are to be declared as income and some can have deductions claimed against them (meals, kms, uniforms, laundry, tools etc) and some can't (site, dust etc), I don't understand why we can't see the breakdown of allowances. Most employees don't get a copy of their payment summary provided to them anymore so rely on us obtaining the details from our prefilling reports.

If the employer was previously providing a payment summary listing different types of allowances, why is this data not available on the prefilling report? How are other tax agents handling this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 4

This issue has come up at a number of TA discussion groups.

Allowance detail can be viewed by:

Online Services  >  Reports >  STP - View income statements  >  <down arrow to expand detail on STP statement>

It would be easier if detail could be shown in prefill report.

6 REPLIES 6

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Generally from payslip information or looking at last years return if possible.

Most helpful response

Replies 4

This issue has come up at a number of TA discussion groups.

Allowance detail can be viewed by:

Online Services  >  Reports >  STP - View income statements  >  <down arrow to expand detail on STP statement>

It would be easier if detail could be shown in prefill report.

Replies 3

As a Tax Agent, do you know what permissions to give staff to allow them to see the Income Statements for clients in Online Services for Agents?

Replies 2

You need to look through the permissions in RAM.

Replies 1

Bruce4Tax, I have, but I can't find the specific one that allows staff to see the Income Statements.  I have tried a number of permissions in RAM but no luck.

Replies 0

I just enabled all of them.