Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Can I work with my student Visa even if I claimed my super after my WHV ?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 640

Replies 1

Hello everyone !

I searched the whole web to get an answer to my specific question but I haven't find it yet, so here I am Smiley Happy
I claimed my super around 3 years ago after I got back back from WHV and I'm planning on studying in Australia (Finally coming back !!) in 2019.
When I claimed my super I didn't know I had a chance to come back ... so I'm wondering, can I get a new TFN and work again in the 20 hours/week range (and ask for super in 2020 when my visa expired) ?

I know someone ask the same question but for her second WHV year (the answer was positive) but I want to be sure it's possible for a student visa before departing from my home country Smiley Happy
Also, do you think it can be a problem to get my student visa if I already claimed my super ?

Thank you a lot,

Lola

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @lola64,

Thanks for your question! Claiming your DASP doesn't affect your eligibility to return to Australia on a new visa in the future. If you have more questions about visas or returning to Australia in the future, contact the Department of Home Affairs to find out more.

Thanks.  

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @lola64,

Thanks for your question! Claiming your DASP doesn't affect your eligibility to return to Australia on a new visa in the future. If you have more questions about visas or returning to Australia in the future, contact the Department of Home Affairs to find out more.

Thanks.