Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Comcare have made multiple errors on my payg Summary & E amounts. They amended it, it’s still wrong

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Initiate

Views 1516

Replies 3

Comcare have made multiple errors on my payg Summary & the E amount. They amended the summary but it’s still wrong .

The amounts recorded for previous financial years 2016, 2017 and 2018 aren’t correct, total tax deducted by Comcare isn’t correct on my payg Summary. Due to multiple errors made by Comcare I had to make a large repayment (18,000 net)I don’t think they distributed the tax credits correctly across the three financial years. Can I get assistance from the ATO to question Comcares figures?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Anonymous

Replies 2

ATO does not get involved in matters such as this, as it is between yourself and Comcare.

If you are finding that your case manager is not able to correct this for you then I suggest you speak with their team leader, just make sure you have all information ready and be prepared to put it in writting to them so they have something concrete to work with.

Comcare just like any other Government Agency have their own formal procedures in relation to clients that are not satisfied with their service, and if you feel you need to do so you can lodge a formal Complaint.

If you are still not satisfied with Comcare then the next step is to contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman, but you must ensure that you first lodge a complaint with Comcare.    Ombudsman contact details are also in the above link.

The Commonwealth Ombudsman can investigate complaints from people who believe they have been treated unfairly or unreasonably by an Australian Government agency, including Comcare.

The ATO can however work through your payment summaries with you and discuss all the different components including lump sums and how they are taxed, and it is as easy as giving them a call.

ATO general phone line 13 28 61

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Anonymous

Replies 2

ATO does not get involved in matters such as this, as it is between yourself and Comcare.

If you are finding that your case manager is not able to correct this for you then I suggest you speak with their team leader, just make sure you have all information ready and be prepared to put it in writting to them so they have something concrete to work with.

Comcare just like any other Government Agency have their own formal procedures in relation to clients that are not satisfied with their service, and if you feel you need to do so you can lodge a formal Complaint.

If you are still not satisfied with Comcare then the next step is to contact the Commonwealth Ombudsman, but you must ensure that you first lodge a complaint with Comcare.    Ombudsman contact details are also in the above link.

The Commonwealth Ombudsman can investigate complaints from people who believe they have been treated unfairly or unreasonably by an Australian Government agency, including Comcare.

The ATO can however work through your payment summaries with you and discuss all the different components including lump sums and how they are taxed, and it is as easy as giving them a call.

ATO general phone line 13 28 61

Initiate

Replies 1

Hi

thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

All the best .. 

for the info, disappointed that the ato don’t care about Comcare Tax reporting errors. I’ve lodged a formal complaint with Comcare and prepare a submission to the Commonwealth Ombudsman. I’ve provided Comcare with all the amounts received and repaid, supported by bank records and Comcare payslips. Let’s hope they fix it, but I have little faith. They act as it they aren’t accountable to anyone. 

Anonymous

Replies 0

The ATO can work through your payment summaries with you and discuss all the different components including lump sums and how they are taxed, and it is as easy as giving them a call, but I have a feeling you may have already done this ...

ATO 13 28 61