Announcements
We understand that 2020 has been a difficult year but we're here to try and make it a little easier for you during tax time. You can search other people's posts, read our articles or ask your own question.

ATO Community

Do I need to cancel not finished online lodgement

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 792

Replies 1

I was half way through my online lodgement. Then partner said his accountant is going to do my tax this year. As all information I entered is stored, do I need to inform ATO to ignore the saved online lodge? Or just leave it? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Allul_ea

Thank you for joining us here at The ATO Online Community.

As you haven't lodged the return yet an agent ( accountant)  would be still be able to lodge the return for you, we aren't able to see the information you have saved until you actually submit the return. Once your agent lodges the return the saved information will no longer be there as the return has been officially lodged to us.

Regards, Tracey

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Allul_ea

Thank you for joining us here at The ATO Online Community.

As you haven't lodged the return yet an agent ( accountant)  would be still be able to lodge the return for you, we aren't able to see the information you have saved until you actually submit the return. Once your agent lodges the return the saved information will no longer be there as the return has been officially lodged to us.

Regards, Tracey

Please note this is my personal view; I’m an ATO employee who chooses to help out here in my own time