Announcements
We understand 2020 has been difficult and we're here to try and make it easier during tax time. Search posts, read articles or ask a question.

ATO Community

First Home Buyer Super Saver Scheme - mistake in application for release of funds

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 632

Replies 1

I have recently requested to release my contributions to my super, so I can take it out to by my first home. 

I accidentally entered my old super account details into the online form. The status of my application online says pending. I have had a letter from my old super provider to say they can't release the funds becuase they have all been rolled over into my new account. 

When I spoke to the ATO customer service team they said I can only ever make one submission to release the funds, and the only way I could possibly get the release processed if I checked a box to say "Tick this box if you agree to us attempting to release FHSS amounts from your other eligible super fund(s) in the event that your nominated super fund(s) is unable to release the requested amount(s)." which I can't remember if this box even existed on the online form. 

If I did not check the box, do you have any other suggestions as to how I go about getting the withdrawal processed with my new super fund? 

Thanks in advance,

Hannah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @HannahFHB,

Thanks for your patience whilst we have a technical team looked into your query!

Generally speaking, once you submit your release request, you can’t change the information you included in your request.

When you submit your release request electronically, there is a check box (located above the declaration), that asks if you authorise us to automatically request your funds be released from another of your available funds (if any), if your first nominated super fund couldn’t release all or some of the requested amount.

This box is ticked by default. You’d need to untick it if you don’t authorise us to try and request your money from a different fund.

However if your nominated super fund is unable to release your requested amounts (for example, they no longer hold any super amounts for you because you’ve rolled them over) and you didn’t authorise us to automatically try a different fund, then you will have 60 days to contact us to authorise us to do so. You can phone us on 13 10 20 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @HannahFHB,

Thanks for your patience whilst we have a technical team looked into your query!

Generally speaking, once you submit your release request, you can’t change the information you included in your request.

When you submit your release request electronically, there is a check box (located above the declaration), that asks if you authorise us to automatically request your funds be released from another of your available funds (if any), if your first nominated super fund couldn’t release all or some of the requested amount.

This box is ticked by default. You’d need to untick it if you don’t authorise us to try and request your money from a different fund.

However if your nominated super fund is unable to release your requested amounts (for example, they no longer hold any super amounts for you because you’ve rolled them over) and you didn’t authorise us to automatically try a different fund, then you will have 60 days to contact us to authorise us to do so. You can phone us on 13 10 20 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.