Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

How to lodge client's STP?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Highlighted

Views 1659

Replies 3

Hi,

I'm a Tax agent and looking for a software which is available for STP function.  I checked Xero which is really popular, but it seems like it require me to ask all of my clients purchase Xero so I can add them into my client list and do there payroll? Are there any software that I can use just like agent portal, don't need client purchase software and I can just add them to my list and lodge for them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 2

Hi @sweetspider,

Good question!

To remain unbiased, the ATO aren't in a position where we're able to recommend specific software packages to potential end users.

However we have provided some guidance below that may help;

•  You would need to confirm the business activity that you’re trying to undertake – is it STP reporting or is it payroll processing?
  • The ATO is not aware of any software that requires all your clients to subscribe to the software. It is recommended that you contact the respective software developers and seek information relevant to its implementation and use.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nate

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Manager

Replies 2

Hi @sweetspider,

Good question!

To remain unbiased, the ATO aren't in a position where we're able to recommend specific software packages to potential end users.

However we have provided some guidance below that may help;

•  You would need to confirm the business activity that you’re trying to undertake – is it STP reporting or is it payroll processing?
  • The ATO is not aware of any software that requires all your clients to subscribe to the software. It is recommended that you contact the respective software developers and seek information relevant to its implementation and use.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,

Nate

Highlighted

I'm new

Replies 1

Hi there,

Just following up on this query, as I'm a little confused.

If I have 20 clients that ask us to lodge payroll figures on their behalf, the only way I can see this can be done is for us to start 20 separate software files for them (MYOB, Xero etc) as all of these figures will need to be separately lodged against a separate ABN/TFN. My understanding is that the ATO isn't providing a separate 'portal' similar to the Super Clearing House. Can you confirm this is the case?

Thanks.

Highlighted

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Christy_P,

Thanks for getting in touch!

At this point in time, the only way to lodge pay event reports through Single Touch Payroll is by using supported software. There is no portal that allocates the payments to the correct entity for you, but the SSID provided with your software will help to allocate the pay events accordingly.

If you are reporting through your own software, your digital services provider should provide you with a unique SSID to use for multiple client lodgements. You will assign that SSID to your practice's ABN and then you can report pay events for all of your clients through your own software. Your unique SSID does not need to be assigned to any of your client's ABNs if you are using your own software.

If your clients would like you to report through their software, then they can each set up their SSIDs through their own Access Manager logins (attached to their ABNs) so you can submit pay events on their behalf.

You can use either one of these methods, or both, if you need the ability to lodge through the client's software as well as your own.

I hope this helps, but please let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Rachael B.