Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Preservation Age

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 1040

Replies 2

It has been nearly a year since my breakdown with work related stress.

After 3 months of not working and not wanting to return to my original employer, I decided too activate my super as I was at preservation age, there was just enough to pay off my mortgage which has helped.

In the past year I have had many therapy sessions to learn to cope with stress, since then I have returned back to work casually approx. 15 - 20 hours a week.

My question is have I done anything wrong which will jeopardise me when I reach pension age of 67?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Whsmall,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If at the time of accessing your super you satisfied your funds condition of release, your fund may not have an issue with you returning to work. To discuss this in more detail, it's best to speak directly with your super fund.  

If you'd like to discuss your situation and your eligibility to access the age pension, you can discuss this further with Centrelink on 13 23 00 between 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Hope this helps, JodieH.

2 REPLIES 2

Taxicorn

Replies 0

Done anything wrong with whom?

Centrelink for age pension or your super fund for tax-free super after 60?

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Whsmall,

Thanks for getting in touch!

If at the time of accessing your super you satisfied your funds condition of release, your fund may not have an issue with you returning to work. To discuss this in more detail, it's best to speak directly with your super fund.  

If you'd like to discuss your situation and your eligibility to access the age pension, you can discuss this further with Centrelink on 13 23 00 between 8am - 5pm, Monday to Friday.

Hope this helps, JodieH.