Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

Salary sacrifice when does my employer need to pay?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 511

Replies 1

I am saving for my first home via super sacrifice. Every month I sacrifice x amount. This amount is deducted from my monthly income but hasn’t been deposited in my super account. My employer told me they only pay super quarterly, so I have to wait till April for my salary sacrifice to be deposited into my super. Is this allowed?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

For super guarantee purposes, employers are required to calculate contributions on a quarterly basis and have up to 28 days after the end of the quarter to pay.  Dates are included on this page.  Check your employment agreement to see if it specifies more regular payments.

An alternative is to make contributions direct to your super fund and claim a tax deduction for those amounts at the end of the year.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 0

For super guarantee purposes, employers are required to calculate contributions on a quarterly basis and have up to 28 days after the end of the quarter to pay.  Dates are included on this page.  Check your employment agreement to see if it specifies more regular payments.

An alternative is to make contributions direct to your super fund and claim a tax deduction for those amounts at the end of the year.