Announcements
Have a question about JobKeeper? Things are a little different this month so we’ve put together a summary of what businesses need to know.

ATO Community

Single Touch Payroll Payment Summary?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 586

Replies 2

Hi there,
My boss has told me that he runs on single touch payroll so he cannot give me my payment summary because the ATO will have my information when I lodge my tax?
Is this correct?
Where can I find my payment summary?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Torimcewan,

Welcome to our Community!

If you're employer has reporting via Single Touch Payroll (STP) during the financial year they may not issue you a payment summary as they have for previous years. This because when they report using STP they area reporting your payroll information to us each time they pay you. You can find information about what STP means for employees on our website.

Your payment summary will now be known as an Income statement and can be accessed online via your myGov account linked to ATO online services. To access your income statement, log in to your myGov account and follow the steps below:

• Select ATO online services
  • Click on My profile at the top of the screen
  • Select My employment and then Income statement.  

This will show you the income you've earned from your employer/s for the financial year.

When your income statement has been finalised by your employer it will be displayed as ‘Tax ready’ in your ATO online account and ready for you to complete your tax return. You should wait until your income statement is 'Tax ready' before lodging your return to avoid any delays.

Thanks, JodieH.

2 REPLIES 2

Champion

Replies 1

Hi @Torimcewan 

The information you are looking for can be found on myGov, if you haven't already got a login you should create one.

Creating myGov account

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Torimcewan,

Welcome to our Community!

If you're employer has reporting via Single Touch Payroll (STP) during the financial year they may not issue you a payment summary as they have for previous years. This because when they report using STP they area reporting your payroll information to us each time they pay you. You can find information about what STP means for employees on our website.

Your payment summary will now be known as an Income statement and can be accessed online via your myGov account linked to ATO online services. To access your income statement, log in to your myGov account and follow the steps below:

• Select ATO online services
  • Click on My profile at the top of the screen
  • Select My employment and then Income statement.  

This will show you the income you've earned from your employer/s for the financial year.

When your income statement has been finalised by your employer it will be displayed as ‘Tax ready’ in your ATO online account and ready for you to complete your tax return. You should wait until your income statement is 'Tax ready' before lodging your return to avoid any delays.

Thanks, JodieH.