Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

When can I expect my return?

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 956

Replies 2

Hi, I submitted my tax return through an agent on the 8th of August, this was received by the ATO on the 12th. It is still showing as 'balancing account' I was wondering when I can expect this to be processed as this is now 15 days from the ATO receiving the lodgement. 

I was registered as a non-citizen before this return due to living overseas for a few years, however this has been ammended now and an earlier tax return was lodged and acceted in 5 business days. Iunderstand this is the cause of the delay but would really like to know how much longer I should wait before getting in touch with the ATO. 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JNoble,

Welcome to our Community!

Unfortunately we cannot give you an exact time frame as we are not privy to your specific circumstances. However, from the information you have provided, your tax return may have been delayed due to amending your residency status or because you recently lodged a tax return for previous years.

Please note: if you amended your tax return online, it is generally processed within four weeks.

As you lodged via a tax agent, you can contact them to inquire further or contact us directly.

Thanks, @NelsonS

2 REPLIES 2

Taxicorn

Replies 0

I think you mean a "non-resident" for tax purposes.

I would call and ask what the hold up is.

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @JNoble,

Welcome to our Community!

Unfortunately we cannot give you an exact time frame as we are not privy to your specific circumstances. However, from the information you have provided, your tax return may have been delayed due to amending your residency status or because you recently lodged a tax return for previous years.

Please note: if you amended your tax return online, it is generally processed within four weeks.

As you lodged via a tax agent, you can contact them to inquire further or contact us directly.

Thanks, @NelsonS