ATO Community

Which section of notice of assessment shows how much tax should I pay

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

Views 1323

Replies 1

Hi
Today I received my statement of account and all credit and balance are zero and in my notice of assessment in the payable amount section it says: “ refer to statement of account”. So now that everything in statement of account is zero, it means that I do not have to pay tax? My main question is how can I now how much tax should I pay.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Tala65

Thanks for your question.

On your Notice of Assessment (NOA), above where it says 'Refer to Statement of Account' (SOA), it should tell you what the 'Outcome of this notice' is. It will either be a CR (credit) amount, a DR (debit) amount or 0.00 (zero).

If it is a CR amount, it will appear as a CR transaction on the SOA. Assuming that it results in a refund, you will see a DR refund transaction and in all likelihood a 0.00 closing balance.

If it is a DR amount, it will appear as a DR transaction on the SOA. Assuming that it results in a payment being required, you will have a DR closing balance with payment instructions.

If it is neither, that suggests that the 'Outcome of this notice' is 0.00 which generally means that you won't have to pay and that you won't get a refund.

You can have a look at the notice of assessment page on our website for more information.

If you're still unsure, feel free to give us a call. Refer to the phone us page on our website for our phone number.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Community Moderator

Replies 0

Hi @Tala65

Thanks for your question.

On your Notice of Assessment (NOA), above where it says 'Refer to Statement of Account' (SOA), it should tell you what the 'Outcome of this notice' is. It will either be a CR (credit) amount, a DR (debit) amount or 0.00 (zero).

If it is a CR amount, it will appear as a CR transaction on the SOA. Assuming that it results in a refund, you will see a DR refund transaction and in all likelihood a 0.00 closing balance.

If it is a DR amount, it will appear as a DR transaction on the SOA. Assuming that it results in a payment being required, you will have a DR closing balance with payment instructions.

If it is neither, that suggests that the 'Outcome of this notice' is 0.00 which generally means that you won't have to pay and that you won't get a refund.

You can have a look at the notice of assessment page on our website for more information.

If you're still unsure, feel free to give us a call. Refer to the phone us page on our website for our phone number.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR