ATO Community

d onTax paid from employers

This post is archived and may not be up-to-date.

I'm new

Views 811

Replies 1

Hi Is there anywhere online that I can check if tax has been taken out of pay from all my Employers?? I haven't worked that long and only had a few casual jobs,  I have contacted previous employers for group certificate etc but to no avail.  Very frustrating.  Yes I have a tax file number, which was provided to all Employers.

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Steph96

Welcome to our Community!

Depending on your employers, they may have reported your payroll information to us via single touch payroll (STP) which will allow you to see the information reported online via your myGov account. However, STP reporting is not yet compulsory for all employers and depends on the number of employees they have as to when they are required to report the information.

Generally, employer report employee pay as you go (PAYG) withholding to us on their business activity statement and end of year reporting requirements. We then use this information and information reported in your tax returns to work out your tax liability and whether enough tax has been withheld.  Employers are required to provide employees with a payment summary by the 14th of July following the end of a financial year. Your income and tax details may also be available as pre-fill data when you lodge your income tax return via myTax

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Steph96

Welcome to our Community!

Depending on your employers, they may have reported your payroll information to us via single touch payroll (STP) which will allow you to see the information reported online via your myGov account. However, STP reporting is not yet compulsory for all employers and depends on the number of employees they have as to when they are required to report the information.

Generally, employer report employee pay as you go (PAYG) withholding to us on their business activity statement and end of year reporting requirements. We then use this information and information reported in your tax returns to work out your tax liability and whether enough tax has been withheld.  Employers are required to provide employees with a payment summary by the 14th of July following the end of a financial year. Your income and tax details may also be available as pre-fill data when you lodge your income tax return via myTax

Thanks.