Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Clearing off Super Returns in our books - does it create a tax event?

Views 86

Replies 1

Hi,

When I started with the company, I noticed that we had some old super contributions that were previously bounced back and never repaid in our books. So I identified most of them and lodged SGC statements for that.

There is still a remaining balance of $2,008.46, which I am not able to identify (who this relates to and what period this relates to). Are we able to write this off without creating a tax event? Or do we have to report/disclaim this anywhere?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Momer2021

Thanks for trying to resolve the super payments for your employees.

You will need to try all avenues to get the information needed for a Super Guarantee Charge statement. This might include, contacting likely employees and obtaining details from super funds and banks relating to the period or payment. If you can identifiy the employee name at least.

In terms of your book keeping, I would recommend seeking professional advice from a registered tax agent or accountant.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Momer2021

Thanks for trying to resolve the super payments for your employees.

You will need to try all avenues to get the information needed for a Super Guarantee Charge statement. This might include, contacting likely employees and obtaining details from super funds and banks relating to the period or payment. If you can identifiy the employee name at least.

In terms of your book keeping, I would recommend seeking professional advice from a registered tax agent or accountant.