• 128 Online
  • 22066 Members
  • 24644 Posts

ATO Community

Re: Finding old super account

Ask a question

Views 39

Replies 3

I am endeavouring to update my income and investments recorded with Centrelink. They require I provide information from my former Superannuation Fund proving that I have closed the account (I think, in 2014/5). As I have been retired and residing interstate since then, I no longer have any records - in fact, can't even remember the name of the Super Fund.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jamjam

Welcome to our Community.

While it is possible to view closed accounts via our online services for individuals, it will only display accounts that were closed on or after 1 July 2018.

For more information about what you can do online, you can check out the online services – super for individuals page on our website.

@JakeE has also suggested that you try to find an old pay slip. This is a good idea, however if you can't find one or you can but it doesn't have the super details listed, you may just want to give us a call.

You can find out contact details on our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Do you have a mygov account (and ATO linked acocunt)? If so you can possibly see old superannuation accounts you have had. I know I can. Also do you have any old payslips showing which super funds your super was paid too?

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jamjam

While it is possible to view closed accounts via our online services for individuals, it will only display accounts that were closed on or after 1 July 2018.

For more information about what you can do online, you can check out the online services – super for individuals page on our website.

@JakeE has also suggested that you try to find an old pay slip. This is a good idea, however if you can't find one or you can but it doesn't have the super details listed, you may just want to give us a call.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jamjam

For more information about what you can do online, you can check out the online services – super for individuals page on our website.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

ChrisR

Top Solution Authors