Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Is income stream taxable income for reversionary beneficiary?

Initiate

Views 177

Replies 1

Hello,

I am 43 and my partner is 72 who receives income stream from CSCRI which is NOT taxable income. I am 100% Reversionary beneficiary. My question is, will the income stream be a taxable income for me in his absense down the track? I am aware that I need to pay tax if take it as lumpsum when below 60. But I want to know if keeping income stream will increase my personal taxable income.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Taxicorn Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

I am 43 and my partner is 72 who receives income stream from CSCRI which is NOT taxable income. I am 100% Reversionary beneficiary. My question is, will the income stream be a taxable income for me in his absense down the track? I am aware that I need to pay tax if take it as lumpsum when below 60. But I want to know if keeping income stream will increase my personal taxable income.

Depends on the kind of pension being paid  -  best to ask the fund about this.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Taxicorn Registered Tax Practitioner

Replies 0

I am 43 and my partner is 72 who receives income stream from CSCRI which is NOT taxable income. I am 100% Reversionary beneficiary. My question is, will the income stream be a taxable income for me in his absense down the track? I am aware that I need to pay tax if take it as lumpsum when below 60. But I want to know if keeping income stream will increase my personal taxable income.

Depends on the kind of pension being paid  -  best to ask the fund about this.