ATO Community

Super Amount

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 1543

Replies 1

ATO hasn't updated my super amount for the last financial year, as a result it appears as a third of the total showing on my actual super fund website.
How do I get them to update this so that I can put in a claim for it?
As my superfund have said it is not their responsibility and ATO will need to update their records??
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Ohugh,

Your super fund is only required to report your super account details to us once a year - usually around October. Once we've received these details, we'll update your myGov account balance to reflect the most recently received data.

However, if you're planning on lodging a departing Australia super payment (DASP) application, you don't need to wait until we've updated your details to apply. When you lodge your DASP application, we'll process your claim and confirm you meet the eligibility requirements before sending the application form on to your superannuation fund. Your fund will then finalise your application and send the balance of your account to you.

It usually takes around 28 days to process a DASP if you meet the criteria and send us a complete application. It's also worth checking with your fund before you lodge to make sure there are no additional documents they require which may delay your claim.

Hope that helps!

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @Ohugh,

Your super fund is only required to report your super account details to us once a year - usually around October. Once we've received these details, we'll update your myGov account balance to reflect the most recently received data.

However, if you're planning on lodging a departing Australia super payment (DASP) application, you don't need to wait until we've updated your details to apply. When you lodge your DASP application, we'll process your claim and confirm you meet the eligibility requirements before sending the application form on to your superannuation fund. Your fund will then finalise your application and send the balance of your account to you.

It usually takes around 28 days to process a DASP if you meet the criteria and send us a complete application. It's also worth checking with your fund before you lodge to make sure there are no additional documents they require which may delay your claim.

Hope that helps!

Top Solution Authors