ATO Community

Super accounts

Ask a question
Highlighted

I'm new

Views 380

Replies 1

My employer made a regular quarterly payment to my super account. 2 weeks later I opened a new account with a different fund and rolled over my super. My employer has since made payments to this new account. I didn't find out until now (over 12 months later) that the payment made 2 weeks before the roll over didn't go through until after the account was closed, so the original super fund set up a new account (and have recorded the deposit date as 6 weeks after my employer made the payment). My problem is that this new account has had about $500 in insurance premiums and fees taken out. Can I request a refund of this and transfer it to my new account or do I just have to write it off?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Replies 0

Hi @Mister,

Thanks for your post.

We encourage you to contact your super fund to discuss this matter further as there may be specific rules in the super fund's governing rules around how fees and charges are applied to your account. If you're dissatisfied with the response, you may choose to lodge a complaint with the super fund regarding their processes.

As the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) regulates the larger super funds, they may be able to provide information as to your options.

Thanks, NicM.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Replies 0

Hi @Mister,

Thanks for your post.

We encourage you to contact your super fund to discuss this matter further as there may be specific rules in the super fund's governing rules around how fees and charges are applied to your account. If you're dissatisfied with the response, you may choose to lodge a complaint with the super fund regarding their processes.

As the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority (APRA) regulates the larger super funds, they may be able to provide information as to your options.

Thanks, NicM.

Top Solution Authors