• 20241 Members
  • 22558 Posts

ATO Community

Re: Super pension shown on tax return

Ask a question

I'm new

Views 350

Replies 1

I have been waiting for info from my Cbus superannuation pension before doing my tax return. 

Cbus informed via email that they don’t provide income information because it’s tax free , being over 60 years old.  Fair enough, I knew that already.

But I assumed I would still have to show this income on my tax return. 

Do I just ignore this income on my tax return or do I need to show it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi PP863722

Most superannuation pensions paid to those age 60 and over don't need to be declared on individual's income tax returns. These amounts aren't part of assessable income.

Super funds will provide payment summaries to pensioners if the pension payment includes amounts that need to be declared on the tax return.

Here's some information on ato.gov.au about the tax treatment of super pensions.

I'm an ATO employee voluntarily providing my time here

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Devotee

Replies 0

Hi PP863722

Most superannuation pensions paid to those age 60 and over don't need to be declared on individual's income tax returns. These amounts aren't part of assessable income.

Super funds will provide payment summaries to pensioners if the pension payment includes amounts that need to be declared on the tax return.

Here's some information on ato.gov.au about the tax treatment of super pensions.

I'm an ATO employee voluntarily providing my time here

Top Solution Authors