This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• 68 Online
  • 9186 Members
  • 14615 Posts

Re: Changing the tax free threshold from yes to no

Views 91

Replies 2

I recently got a second job that makes a lot more money then my first job. The problem is, I already claimed the tax free threshold for the first job. I can't claim that tax free threshold on both jobs because I'd be over the $18,000. Is it possible to change it so that I am no longer claiming the tax free threshold on my first job (i.e change my answer from yes to no)? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

MVF
Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @JayKayBee

Of course you can change it and its very simple.

All you need to do is to complete a "Withholding Decleration" form with correct details and give it to your employer.  Go to Question 5 - Do you want to claim  the tax free threshhold and select " NO "... 

ATO 13 28 61

2 REPLIES

Best answer

ATO Certified

MVF
Devotee

Replies 0

Hi @JayKayBee

Of course you can change it and its very simple.

All you need to do is to complete a "Withholding Decleration" form with correct details and give it to your employer.  Go to Question 5 - Do you want to claim  the tax free threshhold and select " NO "... 

ATO 13 28 61

Highlighted

Devotee

Replies 0

Yes.

Just do a 'withholding variation' on the first job to ensure you are NOT claiming the tax free threshhold and then claim it for the second one.

Note there will be some cross-over period and you may not end up paying exactly enough tax at the end of the year.

Top Solution Authors