Announcements
Are you a tax professional needing a bit more time to lodge? Check out how to apply online for a deferral, or ask the Community!

ATO Community

Bridging visa tax rate

I'm new

Views 141

Replies 1

Hi,

Currently I'm on a Bridging visa A, applpied De facto visa. (I had a Working holiday visa 417 before Bridging visa A)

I've worked with 3 companies.

The problerm is these 3 companies put the tax diffrently.

one of them take aroud 20% of tax, the other company take 32% of tax.

So I was wondering which company is correct?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @idid1219

There are multiple factors that affect how much tax your employer withholds, and its based on the information you provide when you commence employment.

Normally, you would provide a Tax file number (TFN) declaration which indicates:

All of this information determines the correct tax tables your employer will use.

If you're not sure what information you provided to your employer, you can request this directly from them. If there has been a change in your circumstances, you can advise your employer using a withholding declaration.

You can find more information below:

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

TonyATO

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hello @idid1219

There are multiple factors that affect how much tax your employer withholds, and its based on the information you provide when you commence employment.

Normally, you would provide a Tax file number (TFN) declaration which indicates:

All of this information determines the correct tax tables your employer will use.

If you're not sure what information you provided to your employer, you can request this directly from them. If there has been a change in your circumstances, you can advise your employer using a withholding declaration.

You can find more information below:

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

TonyATO