Announcements
Curious about the JobMaker Hiring Credit? Have a read about who is eligible and how to register.

ATO Community

CGT event in Prefill section incorrect

Views 230

Replies 3

my partner and I bought a property in the 2019-20 tax year. In both our tax returns this has been recorded, in the prefill section, as a CGT event, although the date recorded is not even the settlement date. In any case, as we did not sell, but buy the property, I have called the ATO, almost every day now, to get this corrected/removed. I was told it has been referred to the technical section to get it removed.  I was also told they had asked for it to prioritised. It has now been over 2 weeks and despite almost daily calls or live chats, nothing has happened. On the last day of lodgement the call centre finally agreed to put a request for extension through, but this, like the removal request, has a 28 day SLA, apparently. So our tax returns are now also overdue. 
It seems impossible to speak with anyone directly who has the power to get this actually corrected. I am thinking once it gets to the "technical section", they may have further questions, or will simply refuse, because this info has been sent to them from somewhere. The ATO wasn't able to tell me where the prefill info is coming from, although they suggested at the same time that I could also maybe contact them.  
If someone has a suggestion how to get this resolved quickly, please let us know. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 2

Hi @Hemara 

Thanks for getting in touch. We would like to look into this for you. 

We will make contact on Monday when our colleagues are back in the office. 

3 REPLIES 3

Most helpful response

Community Moderator

Replies 2

Hi @Hemara 

Thanks for getting in touch. We would like to look into this for you. 

We will make contact on Monday when our colleagues are back in the office. 

Replies 1

Thanks, Kylie, that would be great. 
Helga 

Replies 0

The update as of today is that nothing has happened, pre-filled info is the same, no updates received either.
 If anyone has any idea as to how to get through to someone who can actually make the ATO take remedial action, I'd love to hear from you.

thanks.