ATO Community

Re: Called by ATO about lawsuit - possible scam?

Highlighted

Views 4518

Replies 1

I was called from this number: (08) 6102 8901

When I picked up, an automatic recording asked me to call the number back stating that there is an ATO lawsuit against me. It feels like a scam, just wanted to leave this here so that anyone else searching this site can find this post.

Would also appreciate a confirmation from anyone else here if this is indeed a scam. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Anonymous

Replies 0

hi @vaishnavsr

It absolutely is a scam because the ATO do not operate in that manner, and as anyone should know if your in a law suit with the ATO you would have been served with official documents.

What you can do is contact the ATO to confirm and report the scam, as this will assist the ATO to update their Scam database so others are aware it is a scam.

Just vist this ATO webpage on how to verify and report a scam.

Here is a link to a list of known scams.

ATO Scam hotline 1800 008 540 between 8.00am–6.00pm, Monday to Friday.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Anonymous

Replies 0

hi @vaishnavsr

It absolutely is a scam because the ATO do not operate in that manner, and as anyone should know if your in a law suit with the ATO you would have been served with official documents.

What you can do is contact the ATO to confirm and report the scam, as this will assist the ATO to update their Scam database so others are aware it is a scam.

Just vist this ATO webpage on how to verify and report a scam.

Here is a link to a list of known scams.

ATO Scam hotline 1800 008 540 between 8.00am–6.00pm, Monday to Friday.