Announcements
We're doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode every now and then while we do this. Don't worry! You'll still be able to search the site to find your answers

ATO Community

DR

Views 156

Replies 2

What does this mean for me ?

When I logged my return it said I'd get $x amount back but looking at progress I can see this which to me looks like I now owe judging by what I can find searching ato website? 

However if I look at what I owe it says nothing 

Process date : xx xx 2021

Effective date : xx yy 2021

Description : tax return individuals , etc

Debit : $aa

Credit : 0.00

Balance : $aa DR

Previous returns show: debit-  $x / balance $0 so I am a bit confused

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

You might need to wait a little as the ATO may have data matched something which adjusts your tax position.

Eg. they have matched your spouse income which pushes you over the PHI threshold and thus you get a lower rebate which subsequently pushes you from a refund into a payable position.

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Devotee

Replies 1

You might need to wait a little as the ATO may have data matched something which adjusts your tax position.

Eg. they have matched your spouse income which pushes you over the PHI threshold and thus you get a lower rebate which subsequently pushes you from a refund into a payable position.

Replies 0

Confusing as I don't have a spose,

Perhaps I just have to wait and see as the amount showing as DR is the exact amount that the return said would be my return

Thanks though