• 141 Online
  • 23309 Members
  • 27288 Posts

ATO Community

Delayed Tax Return

Ask a question

Views 57

Replies 1

I had a government debt agreement which I paid off early and is now almost 2 years after the final date it should have been finalised. My tax returns are still being delayed by at least 3 months. Is this forever or has no one taken this flag off my account? I don’t understand why my returns are needing to be done manually. There is no longer any reason. Please explain, this is incredibly frustrating
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jamie_Scott,

I can see that you've asked this question previously but the issue is ongoing, so I'd like to give you a little bit more information, if I can.

Whenever there is a prior record of insolvency or a Part IX/X agreement, this can sometimes cause delays in the processing of your return. Unfortunately, we don't have any information about how long this record can continue to impact your returns even after the agreement has been completed.

The delay often occurs when your tax return results in a refund, especially if AFSA checks are required. This is where we need to process the return manually, as these external checks can sometimes take 30 days or more for a response. Because this is an external check, we have limited control over the time it takes.

As always, you are welcome to call us to discuss the progress of your return but this does not necessarily mean that we will be able to process it any faster.

Sorry we can't be more helpful.

Thanks,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

TaxTime Support

Replies 0

Hi @Jamie_Scott,

I can see that you've asked this question previously but the issue is ongoing, so I'd like to give you a little bit more information, if I can.

Whenever there is a prior record of insolvency or a Part IX/X agreement, this can sometimes cause delays in the processing of your return. Unfortunately, we don't have any information about how long this record can continue to impact your returns even after the agreement has been completed.

The delay often occurs when your tax return results in a refund, especially if AFSA checks are required. This is where we need to process the return manually, as these external checks can sometimes take 30 days or more for a response. Because this is an external check, we have limited control over the time it takes.

As always, you are welcome to call us to discuss the progress of your return but this does not necessarily mean that we will be able to process it any faster.

Sorry we can't be more helpful.

Thanks,

Rachael B.

Top Solution Authors