Announcements
What's the right super fund for you? Although super may not be on the top of your list now, keeping track of your super can help maximise your savings for when you retire. Try out the new YourSuper comparison tool and choose a super fund that meets your needs. Still got questions about super? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Do I need to submit non-lodgment advice 2020?

Views 617

Replies 4

I was granted a PR visa in 2019 and I applied a TFN.

However, up to now, I have not moved to Australia and worked in Australia yet. 

Do I need to submit a non-lodgment advice 2020?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @s128atwam

If you have a TFN and have an ATO record you would need to use the Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool on our website.

As per the advice from  @unclesamgoawale  you have already determined your residency status for tax purposes.

After working through the tool and you establish you are not required to lodge a tax return your options for notifying us are listed.

The thing is we don't know unless you tell us.  Hope this information helps.

4 REPLIES 4

Initiate

Replies 3

Check out this link to see if you're considered an Australian Tax resident.

https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/international-tax-for-individuals/work-out-your-tax-residency/#Wo...

Replies 2

I am a foreign resident as per the tool provided by ATO.

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @s128atwam

If you have a TFN and have an ATO record you would need to use the Do I need to lodge a tax return? tool on our website.

As per the advice from  @unclesamgoawale  you have already determined your residency status for tax purposes.

After working through the tool and you establish you are not required to lodge a tax return your options for notifying us are listed.

The thing is we don't know unless you tell us.  Hope this information helps.

Initiate

Replies 0

Hi @DeniseATO  any chance you could have a quick look at my question please? it's not getting much love from the community Smiley Happy thank in advance!

https://community.ato.gov.au/t5/Cryptocurrency/Crypto-Loss-Amend-PY-s-return-or-report-al-in-this-ye...