Announcements
We’re doing scheduled maintenance on ATO Community to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You may see us go into read-only mode over the weekend while we do this. Don’t worry! You’ll still be able to search the site to find your answers.

ATO Community

Employment history

Views 4898

Replies 8

Is it possible to get a history of my employment history since 1980?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @JB94,

Welcome to our Community.

You can view your previous employers’ details, as provided by you on your lodged income tax returns. Copies of your lodged income tax returns from 2010 onwards can be viewed by accessing myGov and using our online services.

For information prior to 2010 or if you do not have a myGOV account, phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday. You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information with you when you call.

We're limited in what information we can provide to you as previous income tax returns only provide information that you have reported to us.

I hope this helps, SueO

8 REPLIES 8

Taxicorn

Replies 1

This would be impossible to get from the ATO.

At best, with a little inside help, I can go back to about 2000.

Replies 0

Hi Macfanboy     cam you expand on your answer to How to fins emplyment history from @ 2000 ~ present 

Much appreciated

Enthusiast

Replies 0

Depends on how much information you are actually after.

Information can be provided from TFN declarations lodged by employers (assuming they lodged them when you started employment) that would indicate who you worked for but not what you earned. Payment summary details can be provided back to around 2002-ish if you needed income figures. If you lodged tax returns in the years you are enquiring about you may be able to request copies of lodged tax returns which may show who you reported income from in those years.

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

Former Community Support

Replies 1

Hi @JB94,

Welcome to our Community.

You can view your previous employers’ details, as provided by you on your lodged income tax returns. Copies of your lodged income tax returns from 2010 onwards can be viewed by accessing myGov and using our online services.

For information prior to 2010 or if you do not have a myGOV account, phone us on 13 28 61 between 8am - 6pm, Monday to Friday. You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information with you when you call.

We're limited in what information we can provide to you as previous income tax returns only provide information that you have reported to us.

I hope this helps, SueO

Replies 0

Hi 

I am really looking for is the total time I have worked for the one company.

I started work for Australian Pacific Tours in the 1980's, and have worked for them on and off until today where the company is called Australian Pacific Touring.

I am not interested in my earning over that time just the length of time I have worked for them.

I have not worked consecutively for them over the years and their records do not go back that far.

kind regards

JB

ATO Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @Peter6lewis

We can go back to 2002 for payment summary details that have been submitted by any employers and can obtain employer details that way.

Pre-2002 it maybe possible to obtain details of employment history by retrieving tax returns for those years.

Ari

Taxicorn

Replies 1

@AriH 

We can go back to 2002 for payment summary details that have been submitted by any employers and can obtain employer details that way.

But apparenntly only during the weekdays, this is not made avaialable on the weekends for some strange reason Smiley Very Happy

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Peter6lewis,

You can contact us Mon - Fri 8am - 6pm or Sat 10am -2pm. (AEDT). The representative you speak with should be able to provide you with the information you request if it's available.

If you need to contact us directly please do so.

All the best.