Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

I want to share trade a little but don't want to have to start doing tax returns again (retired).

I'm new

Views 102

Replies 1

Do I have to do a tax return even if my earnings are below the minimum for tax purposes?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hiya @HannahHaven,

I would recommend having a look at the calculator available on our website that ascertains whether you need to lodge or not. There are a few different things that can cause you to need to lodge a return. This changes every year. Without knowing all of the details of your situation, we can't comment on if you need to lodge a return, but the link below should help you figure it out.

Do I need to lodge a tax return?

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hiya @HannahHaven,

I would recommend having a look at the calculator available on our website that ascertains whether you need to lodge or not. There are a few different things that can cause you to need to lodge a return. This changes every year. Without knowing all of the details of your situation, we can't comment on if you need to lodge a return, but the link below should help you figure it out.

Do I need to lodge a tax return?