Announcements
Worried you’re missing part of your refund? Remember, the low and middle income tax offset isn’t a refund on its own – it’s used to offset (or reduce) the amount of tax you pay. The offset amount you may be entitled to is automatically applied and could range between $255-$1080, depending on things like your taxable income and how much tax you’ve paid.
Still not sure? Ask the Community

ATO Community

Re: My pay slips do not equal both the payment summaries I received while working with employer.

Views 249

Replies 4

My pay slips do not equal the 2 payment summaries that the employer sent out to me, for the ATO.  I no longer work there, and I do have concerns that something dodgy has happened because they are refusing to pay backpay despite numerous attempts to try and sort out this issue.  Why would this happen if the organisation was doing things correctly/in a legal manner?

Note this company also has not done a financial report for the ACNC for a number of years too.

I also wonder if now, because the system has been changed if such cases will not be picked up.  How will such cases be picked up too now?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @LucyLu,

Unfortunately, I couldn't say why your payment summary doesn't reflect the information from your payslips which is understandably frustrating.

However, when a payment summary is incorrect and an employer is unwilling or unable to correct it, you will need to contact us on the number listed under Individual Enquiries and we can escalate the matter further. 

If you believe you previous employer is not doing the right thing you can report them by making a tip-off.

Links

Contact us

Making a tip-off

4 REPLIES 4

Most helpful response

ATO Community Support

Replies 3

Hi @LucyLu,

Unfortunately, I couldn't say why your payment summary doesn't reflect the information from your payslips which is understandably frustrating.

However, when a payment summary is incorrect and an employer is unwilling or unable to correct it, you will need to contact us on the number listed under Individual Enquiries and we can escalate the matter further. 

If you believe you previous employer is not doing the right thing you can report them by making a tip-off.

Links

Contact us

Making a tip-off

Replies 2

Will they geniunely folllow up my inquiry if I do a tip off.  Have wasted time with the ATO trying to get back superannuation.  Why doesn't the ATO say get the union or FWO to chase up your back pay or you do it yourself, before contacting us about stolen superannuation.  Why are people sent on wild goose chases when staff should be teaching people how to systemactically get through the system.  I have gone around in circles and wasted my time.  FWO did not help me despite me being rotated through no less than 7 people.  The male I spoke with at the ATO initially said one thing, then when I said I would contact the head of the ATO he changed his mind, and then I was sent out a lot of paperwork to trawl through.  Why can't your staff actually highlight the pertinent information - I should not have to do their jobs for them.  If I cannot get my backpay the government cannot get it's taxes, it is that simple.

Community Moderator

Replies 1

Hi @LucyLu 

It sounds like you may need to ask the employer why there is a discrepancy. We will only have the information reported to us by the employer. As advised by @RenATO if you make a tip off it would be investigated.

Replies 0

Have asked them and put it in writing and they are refusing to do anything regarding this matter.  I suspect it might be a case of tax fraud so I did contact the tip off line this morning, as there has been other significant issues around my pay too.