ATO Community

Prior Year Amendment to Return Delay?

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 56

Replies 1

Hi All,

Just a quick question. I submitted an amendment to my FY18 return on 29/08/2019 via MyGov (my FY18 return was finalised last year).

In 'MyGov' when I checked to ensure it was lodged correctly the following day it was "In Progress - Balancing Account". It has not changed at all and is up to day 19 in business days with no update or request for further information. 

I understand the stages of processing, and that it can take up to 20 days, however it does say if it's going to take longer, or further infomration is required that they would contact me. 

I have no other outstanding tax matters, no debts, no centrelink etc. 

Cheers

BW. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @bw2004,

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide general information here about tax and super topics, however we can't access your account to check the progress of your amendment.

Amendments lodged online will generally take up to four weeks or 20 business days to process. If the 20 business days have passed and we haven't been in touch to request further information or if there is a delay, you can contact us to follow up on the progress. Alternatively, keep an eye on your myGov account for any updates.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @bw2004,

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide general information here about tax and super topics, however we can't access your account to check the progress of your amendment.

Amendments lodged online will generally take up to four weeks or 20 business days to process. If the 20 business days have passed and we haven't been in touch to request further information or if there is a delay, you can contact us to follow up on the progress. Alternatively, keep an eye on your myGov account for any updates.

Thanks, JodieH.

Top Solution Authors