Announcements
Have you sold crypto, shares or property? Our new capital gains tax guide has info about cost bases, calculations & more! Still got questions? Ask the Community!

ATO Community

Private health insurance

I'm new

Views 290

Replies 1

I have been divorced for entire 2019/2020 tax year. ex husband has paid for private health insurance and i am included in the family policy. Trying to lodge tax return but can only select option b. How do you select the option c or do I lose the rebate? Please help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bjs

Option C relates to you having a spouse during the tax year. If you had selected no earlier in the return to whether you had a spouse this could result in option C not being available. We recommend you go back in the return to see if you have selected the correct option at the spouse question.

You can also use our live chat function which is available in page 3 and 4 of myTax, it will allows us to help you with any questions you have in real time.

All the best!

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Former Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bjs

Option C relates to you having a spouse during the tax year. If you had selected no earlier in the return to whether you had a spouse this could result in option C not being available. We recommend you go back in the return to see if you have selected the correct option at the spouse question.

You can also use our live chat function which is available in page 3 and 4 of myTax, it will allows us to help you with any questions you have in real time.

All the best!