Announcements
The JobKeeper Payment scheme finished on 28 March 2021. Find out what this means for your business.

ATO Community

SMS not reflected by online portal

Views 1411

Replies 1

I have received an legitimate OWASP compliant SMS (with no links) which saiys:

"Hi xxxxx (my real name),

We have processed your income tax return. We will deposit your refund within 3 business days into the bank account you have nominated. We have included any Low and Middle Income Tax Offset you are entitled to. For more information visit myGov

Australian Taxation Office"

I went to MyGov to have a look at the return, and it suggests it is still balancing, as does the linked Centrelink Childcare Summary.  If both ATO and MyGov show they are balancing, why would I have received the text?  My spouse has also has the same SMS and myGov profile issues.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @here2go,

Welcome to our Community!

We can't access your account here on our Community, but it sounds like you've received a refund certainty SMS which is intended to advise you of the finalisation of your income tax return and your refund will be deposited within three business days.

Your tax return details within myGov should update once the refund has issued. If you haven't received your refund and the status of your return in myGov still shows 'Balancing' after the three business days from receiving the text, you can contact us to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @here2go,

Welcome to our Community!

We can't access your account here on our Community, but it sounds like you've received a refund certainty SMS which is intended to advise you of the finalisation of your income tax return and your refund will be deposited within three business days.

Your tax return details within myGov should update once the refund has issued. If you haven't received your refund and the status of your return in myGov still shows 'Balancing' after the three business days from receiving the text, you can contact us to speak with an operator.

Thanks, JodieH.