Announcements
We’re in read-only mode while we do some scheduled maintenance to bring you a bigger, better and brighter online community.
You can still search the site to find answers or take a look at our current top 10 questions.

ATO Community

Tax Liability Statement

I'm new

Views 98

Replies 1

I'm looking to get some form of statement to declare I have no outstanding tax liabilities. I lived in Australia from 2008 until 2014 and became a citizen during that time. I've since relocated overseas and as part of a mortgage application the bank has asked for proof that i have no outstanding tax liabilities in Australia. 

I filed my returns while living in Australia and have paid all tax that i've owed. I cannot find anything on the ATO website that provides such proof.

Any help would be greatly appreaciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @d_moore

Generally, a statement of account will be sufficient. If this isn't, most Australian mortgage brokers use notice of assessments, too.

You can access statements for each of your accounts via myGov on your Online Services for Individuals if you're connected to the ATO.

Go to Tax > Accounts > Tax accounts. Select the account you need a statement for, then select print-friendly version and print. From here, you can print the statement of account, or save it as a PDF. This enables you to access them in real time.

If you don't have access to online services, you'll need to contact us and request they be issued by paper.

You can read about using ATO online services and find how to contact us on our website.

1 REPLY 1

Most helpful response

ATO Certified Response

ATO Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @d_moore

Generally, a statement of account will be sufficient. If this isn't, most Australian mortgage brokers use notice of assessments, too.

You can access statements for each of your accounts via myGov on your Online Services for Individuals if you're connected to the ATO.

Go to Tax > Accounts > Tax accounts. Select the account you need a statement for, then select print-friendly version and print. From here, you can print the statement of account, or save it as a PDF. This enables you to access them in real time.

If you don't have access to online services, you'll need to contact us and request they be issued by paper.

You can read about using ATO online services and find how to contact us on our website.