ATO Community

Tax refunded issued then amended and a debt owed

Initiate

Views 386

Replies 2

Hi ATO Community,

I was hoping you could help me.

I recieved my Notice of assessment on 16th July 2020 for the amount of $XXXX CR, (process date 06 July 20 - effective date 13 July 20) on my Statement of Account) however amended my return (process date 09 July 20 - effective date 23 Nov 20) a few days days after and I recieved a Notice of amended assessment which included "Result of previous notice of this period $XXXX CR" and then just underneath "Outcome of this notice $XXXX DR".

I haven't recieved any money in to my bank account to basically transfer the amount back to pay the debt.  My balances are all 0.00, when I click on the Income Tax section and click 'Payment Options' they are $0.00 yet I have a debt to pay back.  I'm confused a little as to why I haven't recieved the initial tax refund yet to pay it back.  Does that make sense?  Hopefully it does.

The effective date of my 'CR' was 13 July 2020 - I would like to get this sorted as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Lee

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most helpful response

Superuser

Replies 1

Hi @Lee_85,

These kinds of issues are being discussed in our 'Wheres my Return?' thread. Have a read through of the responses on that thread and ask your question if you are unable to see a response that matches your enquiry. A progress of return operative will be able to assist you.

Otherwise, feel free to contact us via phone and a progress of return operative will assist you.

Hope this helps!

2 REPLIES 2

Most helpful response

Superuser

Replies 1

Hi @Lee_85,

These kinds of issues are being discussed in our 'Wheres my Return?' thread. Have a read through of the responses on that thread and ask your question if you are unable to see a response that matches your enquiry. A progress of return operative will be able to assist you.

Otherwise, feel free to contact us via phone and a progress of return operative will assist you.

Hope this helps!

Initiate

Replies 0

Thank you!  Will do Smiley Happy