ATO Community

Tax return

Ask a question

Views 73

Replies 1

My tax return was received 12/7/19. It is now 14/8/19. It has been at balancing account for most of this time. I was advised that there would be a delay but I would like to know why and when it is expected to be resolved. I'm bankrupt, lost my house, and business and am not working atm and my car has now become undrivable. I need to know if i am getting the refund I was expecting asap. Can i talk to anyone at ato about this? Many thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

I don’t think you’ll get the help you need here from the community. Delayed returns can take a lot longer, it hasn’t even been 30 days yet. You need to talk to someone in the ATO about your situation and ask for special consideration due to your financial difficulties. Give them a call. In my experience they’ll help you if the can, but might ask you to provide some documentation to demonstrate you need the money quickly. Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. 

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

Devotee

Replies 0

I don’t think you’ll get the help you need here from the community. Delayed returns can take a lot longer, it hasn’t even been 30 days yet. You need to talk to someone in the ATO about your situation and ask for special consideration due to your financial difficulties. Give them a call. In my experience they’ll help you if the can, but might ask you to provide some documentation to demonstrate you need the money quickly. Sorry to hear you are going through a tough time. 

Top Solution Authors