Announcements
On 7 August 2020 the government proposed further changes to the JobKeeper extension. For more information, visit the Treasury website.

ATO Community

Tax return

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 286

Replies 1

Hi I was hoping for some advice. I need to lodge my tax return but when I am putting in my details it does not recognise anything. I am currently in the UK not due to fly back until 6th November so I can’t phone for help. Will I be ok to phone when I arrive even though it is past the 31/10/19 deadline?

Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Melaniehodge,

Thanks for your question!

If you are trying to link myGov to the ATO but are unable to because your information isn't being recognised, then you should check out our troubleshooting page first to see if you can fix it on your own. From what you've described, it sounds like you have information available to link with, but it isn't matching our records. This is something that can be relatively simple to fix - it is only if you receive a message of "ineligible to link" that you may have difficulties.

If you can't resolve the issue on your own, you should still call us, as if you lodge after 31/10 you may incur failure to lodge penalties.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Melaniehodge,

Thanks for your question!

If you are trying to link myGov to the ATO but are unable to because your information isn't being recognised, then you should check out our troubleshooting page first to see if you can fix it on your own. From what you've described, it sounds like you have information available to link with, but it isn't matching our records. This is something that can be relatively simple to fix - it is only if you receive a message of "ineligible to link" that you may have difficulties.

If you can't resolve the issue on your own, you should still call us, as if you lodge after 31/10 you may incur failure to lodge penalties.

Hope this helps,

Rachael B.