• 27288 Posts

ATO Community

Travelling Expenses: Work-Home-Customer-Home

Ask a question
Highlighted

Views 408

Replies 1

Hello,

I understand that trips between home and work are generally considered private travel. However, I can claim the cost of travelling from my normal workplace to an alternative workplace that is not a regular workplace (for example, a client's premises) while still on duty, and back to your normal workplace or directly home.

I would like to confirm that mean I am able to claim the cost of all travelling between (1) normal workplace to home, (2) home to alternative workplace, and (3) back to home.

Thank you,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sabrinaw,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Depending on your employment, you can claim travel from your normal workplace to an alternative workplace that isn't your regular workplace and directly home or if you have shifting places of employment - you regularly work at more than one site each day.

You can use our work-related car expenses calculator to help you work out how much you can claim for each car. Enter in the information relating to each vehicle and will provide you with a result.

If you're in a specific industry, you can also find information on deductions for specific industries and occupations on our website. Alternatively, if you'd like to receive a more tailored response, you can contact our Early engagement team by submitting a request form and someone can contact you by email to discuss your situation further.

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @sabrinaw,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Depending on your employment, you can claim travel from your normal workplace to an alternative workplace that isn't your regular workplace and directly home or if you have shifting places of employment - you regularly work at more than one site each day.

You can use our work-related car expenses calculator to help you work out how much you can claim for each car. Enter in the information relating to each vehicle and will provide you with a result.

If you're in a specific industry, you can also find information on deductions for specific industries and occupations on our website. Alternatively, if you'd like to receive a more tailored response, you can contact our Early engagement team by submitting a request form and someone can contact you by email to discuss your situation further.

Thanks, JodieH.

Top Solution Authors