Announcements
Looking for answers? Search our popular topics or ask a new question.

ATO Community

Unable to receive code when I am oversea

Highlighted

Views 350

Replies 3

I am oversea now. My phone has data roaming.

I try to log-in myGov account but I do not receive any code (via SMS) from myGOV?

How I can solve this problem?

Thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @nguyenducnguyen,

Thanks for your reply.

If you already have a myGov account, you cannot create a new account.

As you already have a myGov account, you can download the ‘myGov Code Generator app’ to update your sign in option to use security codes.

If you experience any issues accessing your myGov account and require assistance, you can visit their website or contact their support line.

I hope this helps.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Community Support

Replies 2

Hi @nguyenducnguyen 

Thanks for reaching out.

If you have your details with you, you should be able to link to the ATO from overseas.

I found these steps on the website:

1. Create a myGov account at my.gov.au (skip the step to add an Australian mobile number if you don’t have access to one)
  2. Once you have created your account, download the ‘myGov Access app’ to update your sign in option to use security codes.
  3. You can now link to the ATO, go to the Services tab on your myGov home page and select ‘Australian Taxation Office’
  4. Provide the required info to confirm your identity and link your tax details.

There's some info here on the website https://www.ato.gov.au/individuals/international-tax-for-individuals/going-overseas/

For assistance with myGov questions, you can visit their website for further information. Or contact their support line for further assistance.

I hope this helps.

Highlighted

Replies 1

Thanks @Alyce ,

I forgot to mention that I already had a myGOV account. I have used it for four years.

Can I still create a brand new account and follow your guidance?

Best regards,

Nguyen.

Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @nguyenducnguyen,

Thanks for your reply.

If you already have a myGov account, you cannot create a new account.

As you already have a myGov account, you can download the ‘myGov Code Generator app’ to update your sign in option to use security codes.

If you experience any issues accessing your myGov account and require assistance, you can visit their website or contact their support line.

I hope this helps.