Announcements
COVID-19 update: We’ve published information on the Jobkeeper payment, early access to super, and cash boost for businesses and employers. You can also check out the COVID-19 board.

ATO Community

Why does the ato hold my refund over 30 days ?

Highlighted

Views 185

Replies 1

**TFN removed** tax number has been over 39 days but ato still no refund it ? Why I have tax credits in myGov but can’t get them either and I have no emails , text or letters saying what’s wrong
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sharnfox,

Welcome to our Community.

We can only provide general information here on our Community as we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information, such as personal tax file numbers in an online forum, so we can't access your account to provide you with specific details.

There is a full explanation of the stages a tax return may progress through on our website.

If you lodged with a tax professional and a refund was issued by EFT it may have been deposited into their trust account. There is additional information available on our website about missing refunds that may assist you.

If you need specific information about your account you will need to contact us, we understand tax time can be a busy time for everyone, so we’ve extended our operating hours.  You can find our phone number and operating hours, as well as information if you’re calling us from overseas on our website. You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information when you when you call.

I hope this helps, SueO

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Sharnfox,

Welcome to our Community.

We can only provide general information here on our Community as we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information, such as personal tax file numbers in an online forum, so we can't access your account to provide you with specific details.

There is a full explanation of the stages a tax return may progress through on our website.

If you lodged with a tax professional and a refund was issued by EFT it may have been deposited into their trust account. There is additional information available on our website about missing refunds that may assist you.

If you need specific information about your account you will need to contact us, we understand tax time can be a busy time for everyone, so we’ve extended our operating hours.  You can find our phone number and operating hours, as well as information if you’re calling us from overseas on our website. You'll need to answer some security questions for the customer service representative to access your account, so have some additional information when you when you call.

I hope this helps, SueO