Announcements
Looking for information on the JobKeeper extension? Check out our answers to common questions the community has been asking.

ATO Community

Withdraw super due to annual leave

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 205

Replies 1

Hello,

Earlier this year I was on annual leave unrelated to COVID-19, so I have had a reduction of hours of over 20% for the month of January.

It appears that I meet the 20% test, but I am concerned that my leave was purely coincidental.  

I have been impacted in so much my payrise was cancelled due to COVID-19 and my wife had to delay going back to work, but I am concerned that my hours reduction has nothing to do with the pandemic. I do not want to do the wrong thing or go against the intent when there are people a lot more worse off than me, so would appreciate any advice.

Kind regards,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bellview ,

In terms of reduction of working hours, the best way to check this is through the Department of Treasury's fact sheet - early access of super. There are examples also, especially 'Ed the Bartender' , which refer to comparing the last six months of 2019 (July -Dec 2019). So, you need to compare your hours when you apply, to the average working hours of the above six months. Your eligibility is also on the above fact sheet, and in early release of super (please note implications of accessing super early).

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Most helpful response

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @Bellview ,

In terms of reduction of working hours, the best way to check this is through the Department of Treasury's fact sheet - early access of super. There are examples also, especially 'Ed the Bartender' , which refer to comparing the last six months of 2019 (July -Dec 2019). So, you need to compare your hours when you apply, to the average working hours of the above six months. Your eligibility is also on the above fact sheet, and in early release of super (please note implications of accessing super early).

Thanks,