Announcements
COVID-19 update: Check out our answers to common questions about JobKeeper payment and early release of super.

ATO Community

etax lodged my tax return without adding deductions

Highlighted

I'm new

Views 258

Replies 1

Hello,

1. I filled out my tax details on etax, then they revised my tax return. I wanted to add deductions to my adjusted return. Also i believe the adjusted return is incorrect.

2. My mygov account shows an error message that it cannot connect to ato account, therefore i cannot login and make adjustments to the lodged tax return.

thank you for the help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @miketv

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide general information here on our Community and we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information in an online forum so we can't check the progress or details of your tax return. 

If you've lodged your return and realised you haven't reported some information you should wait until your return is processed and you've received your notice of assessment (NOA) then lodge an amendment. If you try and lodge an amendment to your return which has not yet finalised it can cause delays. You can find more information about fixing a mistake on our website. 

You may need to check how you lodged your return, as e-tax which was administered by us has been replaced with myTax and can used via myGov once you've linked to ATO online services. 

There are a few ways you can check the progress of your return which you can find on our website.  

Thanks, JodieH.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Best answer

ATO Certified

Community Support

Replies 0

Hi @miketv

Welcome to our Community!

We can provide general information here on our Community and we can't guarantee it's safe to share personal information in an online forum so we can't check the progress or details of your tax return. 

If you've lodged your return and realised you haven't reported some information you should wait until your return is processed and you've received your notice of assessment (NOA) then lodge an amendment. If you try and lodge an amendment to your return which has not yet finalised it can cause delays. You can find more information about fixing a mistake on our website. 

You may need to check how you lodged your return, as e-tax which was administered by us has been replaced with myTax and can used via myGov once you've linked to ATO online services. 

There are a few ways you can check the progress of your return which you can find on our website.  

Thanks, JodieH.